Module 3: Health & Risk Assessment
This module will introduce and explore several of the human health dimensions of rural sanitation in the arctic, including, but not limited to, the importance of the active engagement of community members with scientists and professionals in the development of a shared understanding of the nature of the challenges and potential solutions, and the possible applications of technology and engineering to solve identified problems. A systematic multi-disciplinary, public health approach recognizes the value of the experience, knowledge, attitudes and behaviors of the community-based user along with excreta and wastewater collection methods, transportation or conveyance of waste, treatment, and technical approaches to disposal and possible reuse.
- Further Resources: Risk Assessment
- Module 3: Course Materials (audiotaped lectures)
- Further Resources: Indigenous Health & Social Determinants
- Further Resources: Participatory Approaches and Health Behavior Change
- Module 3: Case Study
- Module 3: Test your knowledge with this quiz!