Impact with Water Businesses
Entrepreneurial Solutions for Sustainable Water Management
In this Perspective, you will explore innovative solutions along the water and nutrient cycle, learn how to turn water and sanitation challenges into business opportunities and how to develop and support impactful businesses.
Watch this video and learn more about interesting business solutions to manage the water and nutrient cycle.
And there is more to it than that ...
Browsing through the content will help you get inspired by water and sanitation entrepreneurs from different parts of the world. All of them have managed to develop a feasible business model that creates an impact.
The Perspective is divided into two Sections:
1. Developing impactful businesses
Would you like to learn how to build a more successful sanitation and water business? Here you can find information on success factors and lessons learned around the development of innovative Business Models.
2. Support for impactful businesses
There is different possibilities for supporting young start-ups, ranging from international programmes, award schemes, coaching and matchmaking support to financing support. Whether you are looking for support or you yourself are the one who wants to offer support to young entrepreneurs with viable business models and innovative solutions for pressing problems. Here you find tips and guidance as well as exchange opportunities.
Scroll down and explore the content at your own pace. Just click on the “Learn more” button and find out more about each of the steps of the water and nutrient cycle:
- Water Sources
- Water Distribution
- Domestic Use
- Industrial Use
- Agricultural Use
On the right side, you will find a list of entrepreneurial solutions for each of the different steps. Just click on one of the links and you will be led to a description of each of the business models behind the solution, as well as the entrepreneurial approach and a number of factors contributing to the businesses long-term success. If you are very intrigued of the enterprise and want to get in touch with the founders, just contact Swiss RE Foundation or cewas.
Explore entrepreneurial solutions to manage the water and nutrient cycle
Entrepreneurial Solutions for managing Water Sources
- Green infrastructure solutions for integrated water resources management
- Community-based water quality testing and monitoring
- Protection of water resources through water-efficient food production
Entrepreneurial Solutions for Water Distribution
- 24*7 Repair and Maintenance Services for Water Points
- Safe water supply through water monitoring and testing
- Water ATMs for safe drinking water
- Solar powered systems for fresh water supply
Entrepreneurial Solutions for Water Purification
Entrepreneurial Solutions for Domestic Use of Water
- Water supply for rural communities (through tanks and hand pumps)
- Affordable and sustainable housing with safe water supply and sanitation, greywater treatment and reuse, rainwater collction and use
- Safe water supply through water testing and monitoring
Entrepreneurial Solutions for Industrial Use of Water
Entrepreneurial Solutions for Agricultural Use of Water
Want to learn more about water-related business models? Click here and explore our newest Perspective on Innovating Business Models. Here you will find detailed guidance and inspiration to increase the impact, competitiveness and sustainability through innovation.