WAIN Replication Manual
Take advantage of, learn from, and be inspired by real-world experiences to optimise environmentally and resource efficient measures in private sector production processes through the provision of business development services.
The Water Action in Enterprises (WAIN) Replication Manual is an important tool that provides you with critical thinking and insights to support the planning and successful implementation of Water Efficiency Business Cases to optimise water use efficiency measures in private sector production processes. The content is based on practical experience and lessons learned from supporting seven large-sized enterprises from the chemical, food processing, and packaging sectors in Jordan, and aims to facilitate the replication of business development services in similar contexts in Jordan and beyond.
This manual aims to make available lessons learned with practical recommendations concerning the following key questions:
- What should be considered when selecting private sector companies for a Water Efficiency Business Cases programme with a specific focus on water use efficiency?
- What should be considered in the rapid assessment of candidate companies?
- What should be considered when assessing the feasibility of water use efficiency measures?
- What should be considered when choosing the appropriate technology for the recommended water use efficiency measures?
- What should be considered when assessing the financial feasibility of water use efficiency measures?
- What should be considered when identifying and facilitating financing options for water use efficiency measures?
Apply your knowledge and our lessons learned with recommendations in practice using case studies and simplified templates. Go through exercises and compare your results with the answers in the solution sheets, which also briefly explain the best answers.